Thursday, March 19, 2009

London, England

Dont know when I last wrote anything. But plans to travel to Lisbon, Portugal were thwarted pretty quickly by a sudden realization of how much money I had (AKA owed), and that my train pass was ending within the next five days. So, I said to myself "self, we should be going back to the UK where we have a UK working holiday visa." So we did!
I took the next train to Barcelona. It was a fancy train, so we watched a movie called 5000 BC or something. People told me this movie was bad, but theyve lost a little credibility in my eyes, as they didnt even slightly touch on how awful this movie truly was. I gave up watching it, when while I was laughing at a certain character confessing his undying love some spanish dude gave me a look like "whats so funny, amigo?!" I tried eating a tomatoe whole, like an apple. It would have been embaressing aside from the fact that the only person who saw me make a huge mess was the guy who LIKED 5000BC. So, I wasnt too shattered.
Met up with some old pals in Barcelona at a hostel. Spring break was code for 'tons of dumb blonde girls', so I wasnt too sad to try and catch a train the next day. Little did I know, France is on strike! France! I literally had just watched a South Park episode joking about Canada going on strike. And then almost an entire country goes on strike. What does that mean to me? France was the final hurdle, and I couldnt even use my train pass. Long story short, I took a very dry humoured flight back to London.
Ill miss the euro-mullets and afternoon naps of Spain, but theres something about dry humour and driving on weird sides of the road.
Now I have to find a job. Which is fine. Theres only a recession. Thats french for "We have lots of jobs so here have a job", right?

No comments: