Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Edinburgh

After watching far too much Scrubs (or not enough?) and drinking ungodly amounts of tea, I said bye to Anita and took the night bus to Edinburgh. I took the cheapest one I could find. My thought process was that it was a Monday night bus to Edinburgh, I could reason why there would be a ton of people, so I figured there wouldn't be. That's my logic, don't ask me to explain it. What's yours?
So I sit with the person closest to me. If you sit beside a pretty girl, she'll think your creepy. If you sit beside some hoody, then youre probably going to have to put up with a massive leg spread and R&B music. So I thought, this looks like a middleaged businessman kinda guy, he'll probably be happy to have a skinny guy reading beside him with no headphones. Once it was getting time to sleep, I noticed I wasnt too sleepy and that neither was he. In fact he seemed wide awake, and was twitching his hand back and forth. Then, I wish I hadnt, but I realized he looked a lot like the infamous bus killer. Even if youve forgotten who that is, imagine thinking you're sleeping next to him?
After sleeping, collectively, two hours I arrived in Edinburgh. I am so awesome and ambitious that I passed out all my resumes to local pubs and even lined up an interview for Thursday. Im a regular Donald Trump I am. Its actually an interview for a walking tour. Which is great for me, but maybe not for tourists.
"Thats a castle... it's old."
"When was it built?"
"Ill ask the questions, sirrr. Moving on! A... hill."

No comments: