Friday, January 16, 2009

Back In London, but not for long.

I headed back to London about a week ago. I was going to stay one night in Edinburgh before continuing on. But it was not meant to be. If you ever want to not get sucked into a city, don't go to Edinburgh, and don't stay at the Castle Rock Hostel.
The hostel is literally at the bottom of the castle's 'mountain', which is a dead volcanoe. It's a jaw dropping kinda view.
I went to Arthur's seat. I think it's where you can see where King Arthur did... something. In a nutshell, it's a set of stairs from hell. I climbed the wrong hill first, before realizing that there were two other ones. Luckily the second one was Arthur's seat. I can't believe I'm so lame that I enjoy things like taking hikes... to see views!
On less lame notes, there's a lot of awesome pubs. I ended up eating Hagis. I get it, man. Why is it put on such a gross pedestal? It's totally delicious and doesn't even look gross. I thought it was going to be grey and wiggle like jello. It's more like a ground beef. Oh yeah, blood sausage, that rules too. It is what it is.
The baby-face landed me a lot of new contacts throughout the world as well, so woo hoo! That, or it might be my new personality I'm trying on over here. Silent brooding type. I wear my sunglasses indoors.
Next on the list. Planning my train-ride. Methinks, London -> Paris -> Portugal. Crumpets, baguettes, port.

PS - Pictures I didn't take. I'll find a camera chord soon enough.

Arthur's seat panorama - http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/dotMac/Panorama/Photo/DSC01329-48.jpg

And the Castle! - http://hotels.lonelyplanet.com/LPImages/Hotel/115996_Castle-Rock-Hostel_1.jpg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenzie;
Mom send your Eurailpass and your visa card to Anita's address. Let us know when you get it. Also email me your news if the phone is too expensive. Mom and I are wondering how you're doing.
Dad