Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oslo, Norway (1 month in)

Well, I'm in Norway now, and I can't figure out whether it feels like I've been gone a week or a year. Both maybe.
I saw the Edvard Munch museum today. Damn he's good. He's everything I want to be as an artist. I mean, he was miserable enough to make amazing art work, but not so miserable that he killed himself like everybody else. Rock on, Edvard!
Okay, I heard Norway was expensive. But, Jesus! I saw some rundown burger pit selling a cheese burger for about... 20 Canadian dollars! Which reminds me, one of the few americans I met on this journey was like "You guys shouldn't call them dollars, you should call them Canadian dollars." Needless to say, this went into a futile semi-argument about how silly that was. So silly in fact, that there was nothing to argue really.
I wish Americans weren't proving my stereotype of them as I travelled. But they are. Actually, I started of with having only met amazing Americans! So, I dont judge them all by this trip, but I get what the Europeans see.
I went to Nosbleed records. Basically it's half store, half crazy impressive Black Metal museum.
The rest is for Metal nerds only. Everybody else skip to the end. They had Euronymous's cross from the album cover; hundereds of original pressings (yes, vinyl) of Mayhem; Burzum; Gorgoroth; bands whose names I couldn't pronounce, totally awesome. Not to mention crazy signed photos and master copies of Burzum, Gorgoroth, Mayhem.
I know what you're all thinking. And NO, I couldn't find any Anaal Nathrakh LP's OR EP's... I know, right?!
I don't know if I'll stick around long. It's super expensive and I saw what I basically came for. It's dead winter now, so there's not much for music until April or so. Maybe Berlin next.
*Then I take Berlinnnnnn.* (Get it? Cohen?)

Love Kenzie (You do)
Love, Kenzie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...i love kenzie.
anyway, i envy you being able to see the edvard munchkin museum, that'd be intense. good luck on your journey to berlin... watch out the government doesn't suddenly re-nazify while you're there. it's bound to happen.