Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hi ho, Hi ho, to Auschwitz I go!

Obviously, that's a completely tasteless joke. But, I want to be able to look back on it and be like "My god, this ironic humour craze makes me sick."
Just to fill in. I'm in Prague now. It's a gorgeous city, but I'm sick as a dog. Its hard to keep up with two Argentinians and three Canadians in a bar, okay, let me explain this bar first. Its deliciously evil.
It's called the pub, and its probably illegal in North America. You walk in and it's basically Boston Pizza atmosphere, except you can smoke inside, eeeew. We all sit down at this booth, and the bartender brings over 6 glasses. He is the most useless man in the world though. Why, you ask? Because at "The Pub", you pour your own beer! Yes, there are four taps at the table, and a little screen on top of them that shows you how many litres of beer you've drunk so far.
Now, that would be an incentive to compete among 6 guys already. But they had to take it further. I looked to my left and noticed a giant screen displaying a grade 8 bar graph kinda thing. But it was depicting which table was "winning", and the ten tables that were behind it.
THEN another screen shows how your bar is holding up against about 6 other bars in the greater Prague area. So... I'm not sure if this sort of establishment encourages binge drinking, but they seemed to be okay with it. Realizing we were indeed in over our heads, we left when we got to fifth place, and payed an ungodly cheap amount of money. Czech Republic is super cheap.
So, met some English guys, and tomorrow or so we are heading off to Krakow, Poland. It's supposed to be gorgeous and there's a short bus ride out to Auschwitz, which I'm sure will be beyond anything I could write in a blog. So, needless to say I'm highly anticipating this stop.
If anybody has any suggestions for pit stops and stuff, or things that they really enjoyed on past trips, let me know. I dont really see the comments on these until a week later. So, if you're not on my facebook, my email is kenz_e@hotmail.com
Where in Portugal should I go? Im not trying to rub it in, but I just want to know if anybody knows the best city.
Peace and Love, Kenzie 'Runs from Bears'-'Sugar-ray' Gunn

1 comment:

Totally Rad said...

The Pub?!?!?! where bouts is that? i missed it!!! :(