Sunday, February 22, 2009

I say Geneva, you hear Helsinki?!

Pack your bags, your fired!!
Anybody who doesnt know Tom Green will not get that, and will be about on the same page I was when I got there. Geneva... why am I in Geneva?
I was going to go to Italy from Zurich, but then I said, I cant wait for Spain, so Im not going to. Stephanie Bertossi is going to kill me, I know it.
So I had to go through Geneva before connecting trains. Long story short, direct train was like 150 bucks, so I said no way in hell, Ill take the 13 hour one later. So I found the only available hostel, the YHA. Its a chain of Hostels known for their lameness, but I had no choice. And apparently to them, Youth dictates anywhere between the ages of 3 and 75. Breakfast was loud and smelly.
I ventured to the social area and two grandmas were watching TV. So I left. But when I went back later there was 5 girls, so I stayed, because they werent watching a french version of Murder She Wrote. We began talking and then one of the girls asked me if I had ever been to the Ste Annes french immersion program. Long story short again, it ended up being a friend of mine from 4 or so years ago. I knew her from camp but had never spoken to her since. What a weird and small world that we would meet in Geneva at a hostel I didnt plan on going to.
A few days later, I say, enough of Switzerland and its overpriced fondu and spoons players. I got up at 6am, eeeeeeew, and finally landed in Spain at 8pm today.
Just to rub it in, because I know you want it, I was walking outside and took off my jacket because it was just a little too warm for my taste. Ill send you pictures from my trip to the beach within the upcoming days, SUCKAS. Its not always so cheery though, a french man burnt my Panini today. Ah mon dieu!!
Even though I only saw it from the train, the south of france is intensely gorgeous.
Thats enough useless rambling from me for today though. The to do list now.
Meet my new pal Ohad in Barcelona for a tour of real spain.
Take ferry to the Canary Islands and meet my Spanish friends from Edinburgh.
Do the San Diego pilgrimage.
Head to Portugal.
YES.
Miss you everybody! Adios, as we say here.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I like murder she wrote... sorta...

blakewoolley said...

shanaynay, how crazy man.

and just in case you care i had a splendid week off from school. probably anywhere from 2-3 times more fun than i bet you're having.

psh.